DOWNLANDS COLLEGE My.Downlands: TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Last revised 6 March 2018
By selecting the “I agree to be legally bound by the Terms and Conditions of use for this website” option you agree to be bound by the following terms (Terms of Service) that apply to your use of My.Downlands and any other system or service which you are authorised to access using My.Downlands (Single Sign On Service). You should read and understand the Terms of Service before agreeing to be bound by them. My.Downlands is designed, updated and maintained by Downlands College to support the learning, teaching and operational needs of the College and for communication between members of the Downlands College Community.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
- If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use, you will exit the site immediately and advise Downlands College so that your account can be de-activated.
- Individual My.Downlands pages may be inspected for compliance with these Terms and Conditions at any time.
- Downlands College may suspend your access to My.Downlands if there are reasonable grounds for us to suspect that you have breached these Terms and Conditions, prior to us investigating the matter fully.
- Inappropriate use and/or violation of any of these Terms and Conditions of Use may result in the loss of privileges to use My.Downlands and may also result in civil and/or criminal consequences.
- Account holders (Staff, Students and Parents) are issued with account credentials for My.Downlands. These credentials are used to determine which information is accessible to the account holder.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the account credentials (user login name and password) you use to access My.Downlands.
- You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account.
- If you select to Remember Me, you agree that any access or use of the app or access to the My.Downlands system using your login credentials will be deemed as being accessed by you.
- Any information that you contribute to My.Downlands is identifiable to your account along with the date and time of the contribution. The information will be widely accessible (i.e. available to all other My.Downlands users) unless you take steps to deliberately restrict access.
- You must notify Downlands College immediately if your account credentials are misused or become disclosed, so that your account can be secured and alternative credentials provided to protect the integrity of your ongoing use of the service.
- You are responsible and liable for any other person using your account. These Terms and Conditions will apply to such use as if the use was made by you.
- In the event of a family separation or other events necessitating different access arrangements, you will inform Downlands College at the earliest opportunity so that My.Downlands and the Parent Directory can be configured appropriately.
- Downlands College does not guarantee or warrant that access to My.Downlands will be uninterrupted, without delay, error-free, omission-free or free of viruses.
USE OF My.Downlands
- My.Downlands must only be used to support the learning, teaching and operational activities of Downlands College.
- You acknowledge and agree that administrators of My.Downlands may monitor your use of My.Downlands or any Authorised System.
- Downlands College may collect personal information (in the form of student names, and any parent/guardian/carer names, emails, phone details and addresses provided in the Parent Directory address block) for the purpose of:
- the proposed My.Downlands version and the paper-based version of the Downlands College Parent Directory (this information will be available to staff, parents/guardians/carers and other students unless you request that any or all of the information collected is not disclosed); and
- improving security and privacy for Downlands College systems.
- Downlands College may change or abolish the My.Downlands service, or any element thereof, at any time.
- You will use contact details contained on this site to communicate with others in the Downlands College community for personal and non-commercial purposes only, in a respectful and civil manner, at reasonable times.
- Under no circumstances should the contact details contained on this site be used for the purposes of marketing, including telemarketing.
- Where you provide personal information relating to another person, you warrant that you have authority to do so.
- You will keep the information contained on this site about others in the Downlands College community confidential and not share the information with any other person, even with other members of the Downlands College community. However, if you are a member of Downlands College staff, it is recognised that, at times, you may share confidential information with internal and external parties to carry out your professional and legal responsibilities.
- You must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on My.Downlands.
GOVERNING LAW, COPYRIGHT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
My.Downlands and its content can be used only for lawful purposes.
Use of My.Downlands will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Queensland, Australia. You agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of that state.
- Copyright belongs to the original author or publisher of the content/resource.
- The material on My.Downlands (including but not limited to logos, branding, text, images, program code, animations, video) is protected under Australian and international copyright and other laws governing protection of intellectual property rights. Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
- republish or redistribute material from My.Downlands (including on other websites or forums);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from My.Downlands;
- create derivative works from materials in My.Downlands;
- show any material from My.Downlands in public use; or
- use material from My.Downlands for any commercial purpose.
- If you contribute information to My.Downlands, you agree to provide correct information and keep it up to date.
- You will not add any information/content which is, or which may be considered to be, offensive, threatening, defamatory, racist, discriminatory or illegal.
- The Content is provided “as is” without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including as to accuracy, timeliness and completeness. If errors are brought to the attention of Downlands College, all reasonable efforts will be made to correct them.
- Downlands College assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in My.Downlands content and further disclaims any liability of any nature for any loss whatsoever caused in connection with using My.Downlands information to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- My.Downlands is designed as an aid to revision, homework and assessment and Downlands College strives to ensure the content in My.Downlands provides a valuable educational experience. No warranty, express or implied, is given as to the effectiveness of such material as an educational tool, and Downlands College does not accept any liability for unsatisfactory examination results.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
Links to other websites or online services that are accessible from My.Downlands may contain terms and conditions that are different from the Terms and Conditions for My.Downlands. You agree to check the terms and conditions of any third party site that you access via My.Downlands.
- The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Downlands College of any linked site. Downlands College does not control or endorse these sites, and is not responsible or liable for the accuracy, legality, or any other aspect of the content of such sites or for any damage or injury arising in connection with your access to and/or use of such sites.
Last revised 6 March 2018